1 San Francisco, *1960s-- City Lights Bookstore, comedy clubs, flower power. Pacific Ocean, and Hey, its San Francisco.
2) Seattle, 1960s--Puget Sound, University of Washington, Pike Street, Monorail, Pacific Science Center.
3) Denver, 1950s-- Young love, independence, Iliff School of Theology, best Chili dogs ever, Rocky Mountains.
4) West Yellowstone, Idaho. The Grand Canyon of the Yellowstone.
5) Ketchikan, Alaska, 1940s-- High School, young love (again), Tongass National Forest, Alexander Archepelago.
5) Shelly, Idaho.--Dianne's home town. young love (still)
6) Carlinville, Illinois-- Young love (not again!!!???) , (1950s) Blackburn College, lovely little town, it had a "town square."
*I prefer to visit these places only during the decade mentioned