Which five events in history would you choose to experience in person, and why?
1. the first "historical event" whatever that was, so that i could try to prevent it from happening.
2. the teaching career of Jesus of Nazareth, so that i could hear first hand his message.
3. the meeting of Lao Tsu and Confucius (assuming it actually occurred) so i could listen to their conversation and know whether my preference for Lao Tsu is justified.
4. the final tutoring session between Aristotle and Alexander the Great, so i might know how Alexander tried to justify his life and what Aristotle might have said in response to his plans.
5. (Oh, there are so many, it is hard to choose) the first meeting of the Buddha with his first five followers after his enlightenment, so that i could be part of what might have been the most significant event in history..
(edit: I read some of the other answers and was pleased at how often Martin Luther King's "I have a dream" speech came up. The sad thing is, i could have been there and wasn't)